List of Documents Needed for Changing Name on PAN Card are as follows:
PAN (Permanent Account Number) is one among the most important identification documents, issued by the Income Tax Department, to keep a track of all the financial transactions, especially when filling Income tax returns.
All tax payers should posses a PAN card. PAN card issued is unique to every applicant with a unique PAN Number. However in some cases, there may be requirements to change name in the PAN card and it could be done without much trouble if one knows how and where to start the process.
Documentation is what matters the most. Whether you apply online or take any help from any external agencies, documentations needs to be right.
The list of documents required for name change on a PAN Card includes:
- Affidavit – Prepare an affidavit with the help of a lawyer or notary and have several copies of it taken for further use.
- Newspaper statement – A statement in the local newspaper, stating that you are going to change your name is a requirement.
- Deed Changing Surname Form – The deed changing surname form need to be filled for the application.
Once these documents are made ready then the process to be followed includes:
- Download the form” PAN India Correction Form.”
- The form has to be filled in BLACK INK Only.
- A copy of the ID proof mentioned in the form need to be attached for reference.
- Incase you are changing your name after marriage; you need to refer to the Marriage Registration link. (http://allzhere.in/2012/06/13/marriage-registration-procedure-in-delhi/).
- Submit the application along with the prescribed fee, if residing in India, then the fee amount inclusive of service tax equals to 96.00 and if the communicable address is outside India then the fee amount inclusive of service tax and dispatch charge equals to 962.00. Payments could be made also through Demand Drafts, Cheque, Credit/Debit cards and Net banking.
- Demand drafts and Cheque shall be in favor of NSDL- PAN
- Once the application is complete and submitted, an acknowledgement is issued and should be saved for future reference.
- Two recent Photographs with white background need to be attached along with the acknowledgement.
- Once all these are collected and duly filled, the forms along with the required credentials needs to be submitted either to the nearest center processing the application, or to a financial broker or send to NSDL at NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – “ 411016′.
- The application along with the proofs and payment details need to reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
If all the process has been followed correctly, then the new PAN card issued would reach to your communicable address within 2-3 weeks time.