Legal information for getting your name changed on your PAN Card.
There are situations when you have to change your personal information in identification cards, IDs and records. This happens when an individual decides to acquire a new name or a woman gets married or divorced.
This is also applicable to a PAN card. A PAN card or a Permanent Account Number issued to taxpayers in India. It prevents tax evasion and is used for opening bank accounts, receiving salaries and professional payment and other transactions that include monetary issues.
If you need to change an information in your PAN card, here are some guidelines and pointers.
Note: I believe you have legally changed your name by making an affidavit, Newspaper Publication and Gazette Notification regarding the change of your name. While changing your name on Pan card, attach a copy of the Gazette Notification, so that the concerned authorizes take it as a proof and will issue a new PAN Card to you in your new name.
1. You have to apply for a change or correction in PAN data. You can apply via online and acquire a PAN Change Request Form.
3. Before you submit your application form make sure that you have the following documents with you:
a. A proof of identity or address – the documents recognized as proof of identity are (affidavit, Newspaper Publication and Gazette Notification regarding the change of your name), school diplomas or certificates, bank account statement, passport, voter identity card, driver’s license, credit card, marriage license or certificate, divorce papers (if divorced). Any of these documents can be submitted. In the case of a minor, the applicant can pass his/her parents’ documents or his/her Student Identity Card.
b. Present your current PAN card. If lost, submit an FIR stating the loss of your PAN card
c. Provide a recent and colored 3.5cm x 2.5 cm photograph.
4. Pay the application fees.
You must also remember these important details:
1. Always use the PAN Change Request form when applying for correction of information request in your PAN card.
2. Fill out all forms legibly and correctly.
3. Provide a Proof of Identity and Proof of Address. These are necessary documents that prove you are changing the data for legal reasons.
4. Make sure that the documents you provide complements the information in the application you submitted. The name, address and other important data should be the same, both in the documents and in the form.