Sample letter to Government for Publication of Notice in Official Gazette for Change of Name

If you want to change your name, you need to send a request letter to your State Government for Publication of Name Change Notice in Official Gazette. Here is the sample letter to help you to do so.


The Under Secretary to Govt.
Department of Commerce & Transport (Commerce)
_________________, ______________ (State)

Sub (Publication of Notice in Extraordinary ___________ (State Name) Gazette for Change of Name)


With due respect I want to State before you that I have changed my name _________________ (old name) to _________________  (new name) by virtue of an affidavit made before the Notary Public, _____________ (Place) on _____________ (date), which have also been published in the daily _____________________ (Newspaper Name).

Now I want to publish the Notice in Extraordinary issue of ____________ (state) Gazette and therefore I request you to issue necessary orders for the publication of the same in E.O.G and obliged.

Required documents are attached herewith for ready reference:

1. Original Newspaper

2. 2 attached Xerox copies of Affidavit regarding change of name

3. 2 copies of DTP of Notice

4. 2 deed changing Surname Forms

You’re faithfully,


9 Responses to Sample letter to Government for Publication of Notice in Official Gazette for Change of Name

  1. kk August 17, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

    thanks for the information. how much time does it take?
    can we do this even without being present physically? i mean if some friend or relative would do the needful?

  2. narasimha December 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm #

    how much time does it take to complete all procedure ?

  3. Rinku Raj February 24, 2014 at 8:20 am #

    sir, i want to change my name.plz give me process how to change my name

  4. manish July 20, 2015 at 4:10 pm #

    sir please help me to findout the solution of my prob. actually muje passport bnwana h lekin jb maine apna birth certificate niklwaya to usme mera naam manish kumar ki jagah sandeep kumar aaya lekin mera naam phle se education certificates me manish kumar h or date of birth 12-10-1989 aayi h lekin phle 04-07-1989 h or mother name bhi raj dulari ki dulari aaya h sir muje please ye btaye ki ye sb kaise thik ho skta h

  5. Dr Amrit February 24, 2016 at 2:19 pm #

    Process to change name of child age 9years resident of punjab thanks

  6. Parveen Kapoor July 18, 2016 at 1:55 pm #

    Could you please elaborate what is DTP, EOG?

  7. k.subash February 1, 2017 at 6:42 pm #

    sir, this is subash from chennai. i married my wife.with her small child .her first husband fast out.the child think his mind i am the he studied 1st std .his certificate mention his father wife and me think he did not know his fast father i want to change his certificate father name.its possible? if possible what is the process? plz urgent because in 4 months my son join in new school. so reply me

  8. Raju August 31, 2017 at 5:54 pm #

    my son age is now 18 months am applied date of birth certificate his present name but due to some problems our family members decided to change his name so pls give me suggetion if it’s possible to change name date of birth certificate

  9. M.siva basava prasad January 16, 2018 at 5:06 pm #

    Sir, MY wife name asper matriculation records Neeli.siddamma but after married we have changed the M.suma. asper Aadhar records Neeli.siddamma but in pan records M.suma we had make mistake in bank account M.suma A/S N.SIDDAMMA also so please give me suggestions

Leave a Reply