Never change your name! Because changing your name means changing your identity, making an affidavit, newspaper publication, and Gazette Notification seems easy, but it’s extremely difficult and complicated to change your name on your School Certificates, College Certificates, Birth Certificate, Voter identity card, PAN Card (a bit easy, but will take months) and etc.
After changing your name, you have to stop using your old name, and have to use your new name everywhere including everything.
So virtually you will have two names, old name and new name, and during further studies, job interviews, you have to attach the Gazette Notification along with the documents having your old name. So things will definitely mess up in your life.
Six months ago, my friend changed his name, and now he wants to get back his old name. He doesn’t want to use his new name anymore. So here is the sample affidavit that helped him to get back his old name.
Before the Notary Public ____________ (Place)
I __________________ (old name) @ __________________ (new name), aged about ____________ years old, S/o _______________ (father’s name), – At_________________________ (complete postal address) do hereby solemnly affirm and state as follows that:
1. My recorded name in school and college records is ______________ (old name) and I am also called as _______________ (new name) in my family as well as in my friends circle.
2. That after the completion of my studies I wanted to start a business in Computer Software Sector and from the numerology point of view, I wanted to start the business in my nick name ______________ (new name) with a hope that the name will be helpful in my business.
3. That keeping in view the said purpose I wanted to change my name from _____________ (old name) to _____________ (new name) by way of an affidavit dated ________________ and had gone for a paper publication to that affect.
4. That keeping in view my school and college certificates the change of name from _______________ (old name to _______________ (new name) is creating problems for my higher studies and in the academic field.
5. That keeping in view the aforesaid difficulties I want to be re-named as _______________ (old name) and not _________________ (new name) and henceforth I shall be known as __________________ (old name) and not ________________ (new name) for all purposes.
6. That the facts stated in this affidavit are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Certified that the above named deponent being identified by ____________________________________, do hereby solemnly affirm his knowledge and belief.
Place Notary Public, ______ (place)